Tuesday 15 February 2011

Jainism, Jain Mantras Universal Mantra: Maha Mantra Namokar

Jainism is one of the oldest religions in India. It emphasizes rationalism, self-reliance, ecology, non-violence (Ahimsa), and animal rights, etc.

Universal Mantra: Maha Mantra Namokar



Namo Arihantaanam
Namo Siddhaanam
Namo Aayariyaanam
Namo Uvajjaayaanam
Namo Loe Savva Saahunam

Eso Pancha Namokaaro
Savva Pavappanaasano
Mangalaanancha Savvesim
Padhamam Havai Mangalam

Meaning:

I bow to the Arihantaas ( Perfect Souls, God Men )
I bow to the Siddhaas ( Liberated bodiless Souls, God
I bow to the Acharyaas ( Heads of Congregations )
I bow to the Uvajjaayaas ( Spiritual Teachers )
I bow to the Saadhus ( All ascetic aspirants or spiritual practitioners )


This five-fold obeisance (salutation) mantra
Destroys all demerit, Negativities and Karmas
And of all auspicious recitations
This mantra is the first and foremost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts